​​​​Share Documents​​

I have created my NCAS Online Services account; how do I upload my application and Identification documents?


  • When you have logged into your Online Services Account, on the menu bar, on the left side of your screen, you will see an option to "Upload Documents"- select this option.
  • For document type, choose the type of document that you are uploading. For example, "application" or "Identification-primary".
  • Select "browse" to choose the document you want to upload.

Make sure the document is in one of the formats listed (i.e. PDF, JPEG, etc.).

  • Select "upload."

Please upload only the required documents listed on the website. And please do not upload them multiple times. Uploading multiple copies or documents that aren't required will delay the review process. 

You will not be able to view your documents once you upload them to your account; however, you will receive an email from NCAS letting you know that your documents have been received.

What types of ID documents do I need to upload?


You will need to submit two forms of identification. Both forms of ID need to be notarized, government issued, and valid (not expired).

Your primary ID must include your name, photo, date of birth, and signature.

Your secondary ID must contain at least your name and signature. 

Examples of valid identification include any of the following government-issued documents:

  • driver's license; passport; foreign government issued birth certificates; military ID; permanent resident Visa or green card; or government-issued ID

Social Insurance numbers, Social Security numbers, credit cards and debit cards are NOT acceptable ID.

You must have copies of both your primary and secondary identification notarized in person by either a lawyer or notary public. You will probably need to pay a fee to have these documents notarized. You will need to upload these documents to your online services account.

Why do I need to have my ID documents notarized?

  • This helps NCAS verify your identification and ensure documents are authentic.
  • You must have copies of your primary and secondary identification notarized in person by a lawyer or notary public.
  • You must upload these documents to your online services account.

What if the name on my application form doesn't match the name on my ID documents? 


If the name on your ID does not match the name on the application, or the name on your primary ID is different from that on your secondary ID, you must submit additional documentation to provide proof of name change (e.g. a marriage certificate, change of name affidavit, or divorce decree). These supporting documents also must be notarized and uploaded to your account. 

I need help getting the required documents for my application. How do I move forward with my application?


Visit the below sites for additional resources that may help:

Which agencies can I go to get my educational credential assessed?


NCAS accepts reports from the following agencies:

  • Comparative Education Services (CES)
  • International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS)
  • International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)  
  • National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)  
  • World Education Service (WES)

The reports must be sent directly from the agencies. We do not accept reports from you.

I already have a credential evaluation from an approved agency for my immigration application. Can I use it?


  • You'll need to upgrade your credential evaluation with one of the above credentialing agencies.
  • A credential evaluation for registration purposes needs to include information about the program length you completed and its admission prerequisites.
  • Contact the credential agency you submitted your Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) application with, and complete the process to upgrade your report. There will be a fee associated with upgrading your report. Upgrading fees are different for each agency.

Which credential assessment is the fastest?


  • We encourage you to contact the agencies and inquire about their timelines and costs. 
  • If you had a credential assessment completed through an approved agency for immigration process, it would be the fastest and least expensive to go back to that credentialling agency and ask them to upgrade it for registration purposes.
  • Visit the Share Documents page for more info about credential agencies.

Which credential assessment is the cheapest?


  • The costs, while not identical, are very similar. 
  • Visit the agency websites and ask about their costs.
  • Credential evaluation costs between$150-900 in Canadian dollars.
  • Visit the Share Documents page for more information about credential agencies.

I have received my credential report. Do I upload it to my NCAS Online Services Account?


  • Do not upload your credential assessment. NCAS will ONLY accept credential reports directly sent from the credentialling agency.
  • When you apply for a credential review, the credential agency will ask you to select the organization you want the agency to send the report.
  • Visit the Share Documents page to find out more about how to get your report sent to NCAS.

How will English language proficiency be assessed differently?


  • There is a new language test standard for nursing in Canada. The new standards for the CELBAN and IELTS tests can be found here.​
  • NCAS will assess language proficiency based on the recently updated language test standards.​
  • NCAS may accept other evidence as proof of your language proficiency.
  • Learn more about how to meet the language proficiency standard here

Where can I take my English Language proficiency test?


  • NCAS will accept test results from either of the below agencies:
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN)
  • Visit the Share Documents page for more information about language testing agencies.

I took my English language test before applying to NCAS. Will my results still be considered?


  • Yes, NCAS will consider your test scores as long as your scores are valid at the time you apply.
  • Visit the Share Documents page for more information about language testing agencies.

What if I don't pass my English language proficiency test?

  • NCAS gives applicants one year to submit all documents. This gives you time to study and retake the test.
  • There may be other ways to demonstrate your English language proficiency. For instance, if you completed all your primary, secondary and nursing education in English (and can provide proof of that) or have considerable experience working in an English health care environment and can give employer documentation, you may not need to take the ELP test. But the ELP is often the fastest way to determine proficiency. Contact us to discuss other English language proficiency pathways.
  • Visit the Share Documents web page for more information.

I have received my language test results. Do I upload it to my NCAS Online Services Account?

  • Do not upload your language test results. NCAS will ONLY accept language test scores directly sent from the agency. Visit the testing agency website for directions on requesting test scores for an organization.

NCAS has received all of my documents. What is the next step?

Once the NCAS team has received your application and documents, we will decide if you need  a competency assessment. The NCAS competency assessment is made up of two parts: a computer-based assessment (CBA) that must be completed in a proctored testing setting; and a simulation lab assessment (SLA), where you get to demonstrate your nursing skills in a simulated nursing lab in Vancouver. Our two-part competency assessment measures your strengths and gaps in nursing skills, knowledge, and judgement.

If you need a competency assessment, we will send you  an email about how to schedule your Computer Based Assessment (CBA) and your Simulation Lab Assessment (SLA). We urge you to complete these two assessments quickly (within three months). If you need an extension, contact the NCAS office by email at:  info@ncasbc.ca or by phone at 604-742-6376 or toll-free (Canada only) 1-833-742-6376. ​